Saturday 24 November 2012

The Show

Two weeks ago I took my little brumby to The Canterbury A & P Show. "The Show" as it's known is a big agricultural and pastoral event every year in Christchurch (though every area has small ones, this is the biggie. It's a three day event where the country comes to town. This year was the 150th anniversary of the show. Clydesdales were to play a big part in the show as they would have been a big feature 150 years ago. 

I had three days off work (the Friday of the week is a provincial holiday) to prepare and attend. Tuesday was spent rushing about cleaning my little Kristin. Thank goodness I did so much as it obviously paid off. We placed 6th in the line up for presentation. Rather amazing and I have to thank three lovely ladies for helping me with her tail, without them I would not have placed. They helped me put in traditional tail spikes (I can't remember their name though!) The judge said that I would have placed higher if her mane was braided (which they do in Australia for 2 year olds) but I said she would be next year.
We also placed coming 3rd in the 2 year olds class and came 7th (so missed a ribbon) in the walking class. The judge commented that I walk faster than her but that will be easier when she gets bigger :)
Unfortunately my show was cut short by short by an accident with Barney when I came home to feed him. Leaving me in hospital with a broken toe and my friend looking after Kristin at the show. I don't want to talk about that now though... It's still in cast!
  
I am very proud of Kristin and look forward to doing it all again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment